- Concern over Europe again! Sovereign debt crisis fear.
- Last trading day of the year tomorrow
- 10 year Italian bond yields at dangerous levels (7%)
- Pending sales of existing US homes at 1.5 yr high
- Factory activity grows in US midwest
- Banks and commodity sectors gain
- Initial claims for jobless benefits more than expected
- December payrolls report coming next week
- Amazon falls and affects Nasdaq index.
Thursday, December 29, 2011
Wednesday, December 28, 2011
- Asian markets fall in thin trading.
- Mixed economic news in US and Japan
- Oil 101 p/barrel
- Japan industrial output drops, regrowth expected in manufacturing the next two months
- US consumer confidence at a eight month high, home prices fall
- India anti-graft bill passed in the lower house
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Sales numbers are expected to rise. to around $ 470 Billion and the jobless benefit claims are at a recent record low. The house price index and the consumer confidence numbers too are expected to show good numbers.
On the Technical side, the S&P 500 Index has broken through the 200 day moving average after the recent rally.
Friday, December 2, 2011
There was some positive from an important economic indicator - unemployment rate dropped to a 2.5 year low. The street is still wary of the Europe situation though. The S&P 500 is now very near to the 200 day moving average, a technical indicator, that hints at good times to come if breached from the bottom.